- Who Am I?
- What Have I Done?
- How to Party: Hero Style!
- Review: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Review: The Matrix Online
- Review: Rag Doll Kung Fu
- Review: Day of Defeat: Source
- Review: Battlefield 2
- Review: Darwinia
- Review: The Matrix: Path of Neo
- Review: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
- Hardware Review: XBox 360 Controller for Windows
- Review: Tomb Raider: Legend
- Review: Sin Episodes: Emergence
- Review: Half Life 2: Episode One
- Review: The Ship
- Interview: Chris Peck (OuterLight)
- Review: Prey
- Review: Broken Sword 4 – The Angel Of Death
- Review: DEFCON
- Long Play – StarTopia
- Modus Operandi
- Review: Rock Legend
- Review: Audiosurf
- Review: World of Goo
- Review: Burnout Paradise – The Ultimate Box
- Malevolent Effect
- Left 4 Sims
(Apologies for clearly stealing the header joke from Zero Punctuation)
Anyway – if the second biggest third party games company steals your thunder and becomes the biggest by buying up one of your biggest rivals to form the mighty Activision Blizzard, what would you do?
EA want to buy Take 2, they’ve refused, so EA upped the offer. Take 2 refused again, but EA have responded by making the offer public, and leaving it open. This could be bloody massive, and both sides have responded to each other, EA making a website and T2 releasing a press release on why they’ve declined.
Those of you in the know shouldn’t need anymore explanation as to why this is so huge, but for those who aren’t as savvy, some of the games from the Take 2 stable would include Bioshock developers Irrational (or 2K Boston and 2K Australia as they are now known) , Fireaxis – famous for the Civilization series, and of course Rockstar. They’re the Grand Theft Auto guys, for the benefit of that last guy that has not only been living in a cave for the last few years, but has only just climbed onto the Earth’s surface after being buried around the same time Atlantis fell into the sea or something…